Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Altec 515C pair for 400 BIN

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Elitopus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2015
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,069
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Altec 515C pair for 400 BIN

    One is working and and the other needs a recone. I would be on these if I didn't just buy another 604G

    altec lansing 515C NR | eBay

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member magnarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2005
    Posts
    615
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 515C pair for 400 BIN

    One is double vented.
    You'd end up with a mismatched pair unless you reconed both.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Elitopus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2015
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,069
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 515C pair for 400 BIN

    I thought many of them had that hole and it was just capped. I have not seen a rear vented 515. I'm very curious if there is a cap under that other label

    And yes for best results they should both be reconed

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Elitopus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2015
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,069
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 515C pair for 400 BIN

    And SOLD

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Altec 515C pair for 400 BIN


    Phil-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2013
    Location
    restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 515C pair for 400 BIN

    Quote Originally Posted by Elitopus1 View Post
    And SOLD
    but nowhere near as fast as the pair 425 8As I looked at, at lunch. lasted about 30 mins

    VINTAGE RARE PAIR OF ORIGINAL ALTEC LANSING ALNICO 10" SPEAKERS MODEL 425-8A

    - - - Updated - - -

    did you get them?
    Sonic Barbarian

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Elitopus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2015
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,069
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 515C pair for 400 BIN

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil-G View Post
    but nowhere near as fast as the pair 425 8As I looked at, at lunch. lasted about 30 mins

    VINTAGE RARE PAIR OF ORIGINAL ALTEC LANSING ALNICO 10" SPEAKERS MODEL 425-8A

    - - - Updated - - -

    did you get them?
    Naw I didn't get them. I just spent my monthly HiFi budget on the Urei 604. I also have another possible deal coming available soon.

    I really want to find another 16" 515b. The B and C have slightly different magnet covers and I want them to match

    So whats the word on those 425 drivers? Are they good for HiFi or are they more for MI like the 417?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.